This policy applies to information we collect.
Tech Search Associates Limited (Company Reg No. 07943791) ('we' or 'us') Trading as TSA Ltd, are a 'data controller' for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and as of 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (the "Legislation") where we control the purposes for which we process your personal information. We are the 'data processor' where we are processing your personal data in order to provide services to our clients. In either case we comply with the Legislation. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We take our security of data very seriously and we will ensure that the information you submit to us is only used for the purposes set out in this policy and is used in compliance with the Legislation.
Any questions regarding the policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to GDPR@tsa-ltd.com or by writing to FAO The Data Protection Officer, TSA Ltd, Sandford Lodge, Bridge Road, Kirkstall, Leeds LS5 3BW. Alternatively, we can be contacted on 0113 8199992.
Who are we?
Tech Search Associates Limited – or TSA Ltd as we are more commonly known – specialise in the recruitment of White & Blue-Collar staff within the Construction, Engineering and Property sector within the UK. Tech Search Associates Limited (Company Reg No. 07943791) registered address is Sandford Lodge, Bridge Road, Kirkstall, Leeds LS5 3BW and operates as our head office. We have a network of regional offices throughout the UK geared up to provide recruitment services suitable to geography.
How do we collect information from you?
As a recruitment business we will collect personal data submitted by you from our website contact form, direct contact with our offices and our consultants and vacancy applications. Additionally, we subscribe to job boards that you are subscribed to that will either push your personal data to us or we will search for your details based on your skills that match our vacancies. We shall only use your personal data in accordance with the subscription agreement as set out on such job board. On all of the above, we will gain your consent to store your personal data in our database.
What type of information is collected from you?
Tech Search Associates Limited collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your address, e-mail address and telecommunications) Employment History and other relevant information from your CV.
Once you have agreed a temporary contract with us we will also hold on file sensitive personal data (as defined below) such as copies of ID (Passport or Driving License and Birth Certificate) and qualifications in order to comply with the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
We may process sensitive personal data in certain situations, for example when carrying out recruitment checks or specific investigations. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Sensitive personal data includes information relating to:
• ethnic origin
• political opinions
• religious beliefs
• trade union membership
• physical or mental health or condition
• sexual life
We will only process your sensitive personal data with your explicit consent.
We store your personal data on secure servers for a period of:
• 3 years from the date on which you cease to be a client of ours
• Until you ask us to destroy it
In each case unless the law requires us to store the data for a longer period.
How is your Information Used?
Where you are registered as a candidate on our CRM system (Database) your personal data is accessible by our UK branch network to enable them to provide you with recruitment services and for the purposes of business development, vacancy matching and the details of current assignments for freelance candidates. If you are a client, your details are held for the sole purpose of providing recruitment solutions or the Business Development of recruitment solutions.
This can be broken down into the following activities:
• To provide our services to you;
• To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
• To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
• To answer your enquiries;
• To direct-market our products and services and carefully selected third party offers which we consider would be of specific interest to you, to advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions and reports. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
• To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
• To improve our services
Who has access to your information?
• All Staff members of Tech Search Associates Limited will have exclusive access to your personal data. Depending on the sensitivity of the data, this may be restricted to Directors and/or Finance staff by means of IT controls. Our staff are bound by obligations of confidentiality and trained in the protection of personal data;
• To trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Tech Search Associates Limited and we will have entered into data processor agreements with them as we are required to do under the Legislation;
• To third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Tech Search Associates Limited and we will have entered into data processor agreements with them as we are required to do under the Legislation;
• If Tech Search Associates Limited or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal data with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
• We may also release personal data to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
• We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for any other purpose not listed above.
We will not sell or rent your personal data to third parties.
We will not share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
What rights do you have?
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals whose personal data is processed:
1. The right to be informed
2. The right of access
3. The right to rectification
4. The right to erasure
5. The right to restrict processing
6. The right to data portability
7. The right to object to processing
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling (We do not carry out automated decision making and profiling)
Right to access – i.e. to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of the personal data which we hold (this is known as a "subject access request"). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
• write to us at The Data Protection Office TSA Ltd, Sanford Lodge, Bridge Road, Kirkstall, Leeds LS5 3BW or email GDPR@tsa-ltd.com;
• let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence or passport); and
• let us know what information you want.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
• email or write to us (see ‘How can you access and update your information’ below)
• let us have enough information to identify you
• let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to remove your details from our records or restrict how we use your information
You can ask us to stop contacting you for particular purposes or remove your information completely from our records. There may be a legal reason why we need to keep your personal data and in that circumstance, we will destroy your personal data as soon as we are legally entitled to do so. If you would like us to stop contacting you with information about our services, please:
• email or write to us (see ‘How you can access and update your information’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email and/or newsletter
• let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervising Authority
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal data we hope you will alert us to these directly. If you are still unhappy you are entitled to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the supervising authority in the UK. Their contact details and the procedure can be found at www.ico.gov.uk
How you can access and update your information?
To access your information please email GDPR@tsa-ltd.com or by writing to FAO The Data Protection Officer, TSA Ltd, Sandford Lodge, Bridge Road, Kirkstall, Leeds LS5 3BW. Alternatively, we can be contacted on 0113 8199992.
For general updates of information such as change of address or any contact details or latest CV please email email@example.com or contact one of our recruitment consultants.
Security of Data
All personal data is held in a secure CRM database which is hosted in a secure data centre. All access and alterations to data is fully audited.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures necessary to safeguard your personal data. While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us.
Use of 'cookies'
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data and location data to improve the user's experience whilst visiting the website, and better understand how you use it. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2019.