Our client is constructing a state-of-the-art underground mine to enable the extraction of Polyhalite – a unique multi-nutrient fertilizer – along with the necessary infrastructure both above and below ground that will be required for transport, processing and distribution.
A position is available for an experienced Surface Supervisor to join the team and assist with the supervision, direction, and management of all operations, including any equipment and support services to ensure the successful completion of work in accordance with the production schedule.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Liaise and coordinate production work between mechanical, electrical and engineering service groups
- Manage resources assigned to the shift with clear direction to ensure all work plans are delivered within their required timescales
- Work in conjunction with the HSE team while overseeing safe programmes of work and being responsible for the safety and wellbeing of all personnel on shift
- Routine inspection of work areas whilst identifying and managing any necessary actions to be taken
- Coordinate activities of all works both on surface and underground if necessary
- Conduct risk assessments within area of responsibility, ensuring that methods and systems of work are safe and being adhered to
- Brief supervisors on all relevant matters, including any outstanding remedial actions which may have been identified during inspections
- Ensure site regulations and compliance are adhered to at all times
- Mining, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Qualification or Equivalent
- SSSTS or equivalent
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity
- Underground experience within Mining or Tunnelling
If you are looking for work but the above-advertised vacancy is not matching what you are looking for, please contact us and we will be able to tell you how we can help and advise you of all our current vacancies