TSA Recruitment are recruiting for a freelance Site Manager to start 12/09/21 on nights on a Retail fast-track fit out project in Redditch, South Birmingham. If this date is unsuitable for you please give us a call as we have an abundance of similar projects in the pipeline up to Jan 22.
This project will be on nights. My client have further work once the site has been completed, especially if you are willing to travel. The role will be overseeing a fast track fit out to a well known Superstore. Previous experience working on similar projects within the retail #would be favourable but not mandatory.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage sub-contractors on site to work safely and economically, by co-ordination of all trades.
- Implement all statutory regulatory and company requirements for managing Health and Safety - ensure compliance with H & S plan.
- Implement all statutory, regulatory and company requirements for environmental and waste management. Ensure compliance with project Environmental and Waste Management Plans.
- Fulfil H&S accountability's as identified on the project compliance checklist.
- Ensure that the quality management arrangements identified within the Project Quality Plan are put in place for those packages or trades they are accountable for.
- Chair and minute sub-contractor meetings.
- Monitor and understand position against contract programme, discuss and agree recovery programmes with the Project Manager.
- Agree sub-contractor's long and short-term programmes and monitor performance against these programmes.
- Maintain accurate site record, daily diaries and weekly progress reports.
- Manage direct site labour and maintain accurate records.
- Review design drawings for buildability and co-ordination. Raise RFI's where appropriate.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of leading a team.
- A track record of successful delivery of retail fit out projects
- Previous experience working on similar projects with supermarket retailers would be useful but not mandatory.
- Well-developed knowledge of health & safety, company procedures, legislation and practice.
- Excellent site management skills.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Produce, read and accurately interpret programmes.
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
If this is the ideal role for you then please call Dan on 07950 460 825, apply online or email your CV and contact details