Duration: 3 months initial. Temp to Perm
Hours: Continental Shift Pattern. 4 on 4 off. 7am – 7pm (12hrs)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Shift Technician to join one of our key clients, who are a leading Facilities Management and Energy services provider across the Public, Private and Health sectors within the UK, with a goal to improve the efficiency of our cities through positive impact on the industries and infrastructures across the UK.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the ideal candidate will join the team to assist with the monitoring and operation of large industrial equipment such as steam boilers, chillers, and compressors according to client requirements, while also supporting onsite maintenance and repairs as and when required.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the client standards, rules and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Attend regular site SHEQ meetings
- Liaise with Operations Manager to ensure clear communication relating to all aspects of safety & plant performance, and customer circumstances
- Seek opportunities to enhance the company relationship with existing customers and develop business potential.
- Familiarisation of all company and site procedures
- Time served in Mechanical or Electrical discipline (HNC/HND standard a plus)
- Experience working in a permit environment with safe systems of work
- Understanding of the operation of large utility equipment
- Experience of steam generation and fridge plant maintenance preferred
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent experience in chosen trade
- MMS and SAP knowledge desirable
- COSHH or ISO knowledge desirable