Our client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Senior Civil Engineer based at their office near Watford. You will provide superior quality Engineering Design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts.
In order to ensure the above the individual must co-ordinate the design and produce civil design documents and drawings taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract.
You will report directly to the Civil Discipline Lead and the responsibilities will include:
- Produce Civil design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
- Ensure that standard practices are utilised where ever possible.
- Maintain competitiveness
- Provide estimates and feedback for Proposals department
- Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
- Monitor and review the procedures and processes
- Write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department.
- Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external to Biwater in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
- Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
- To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
- Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
- Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
What's the offer?
They believe that people matter. They know that to build successful, creative teams they need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. They provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Packages include -
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
About The Candidate
- Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
- Membership of a professional institution chartered or nearing chartership
- Preferable: - Civil Engineering degree
- Minimum:- Civil Engineering HND
- Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts