Rate: Competitive dependent on experience
TSA MET are an established specialist recruitment agency focusing within the Mining, Energy and Transport Industries, operating across all stages of a project.
The client is constructing a state-of-the-art underground mine to enable the extraction of Polyhalite – a unique multi-nutrient fertilizer – along with the necessary infrastructure both above and below ground that will be required for transport, processing and distribution.
We are currently in need of SBR Operators to work with the Mining machinery on site, while also assisting with construction and completing concrete work.
Duties / Responsibilities will include:
- Operating SBR
- Safe setup and operation of mining machinery to excavate and transport materials
- Scaling of loose rock from walls
- Extending and installing air and water pipes
- Mine shaft inspections
- Carry out operational checks of mining machinery, tools and equipment.
- BTEC / NVQ / Apprenticeship or equivalent in Engineering
- IOSH – Working Safely
- Minimum 5 years shaft sinking or tunnelling experience in Mining or Civil Engineering
- Previous experience with SBR’s / TBM’s
- Previous experience in a Mining or Tunnelling environment
- Explosive materials training