TSA MET are an established specialist recruitment agency focusing within the Mining, Energy and Transport Industries, operating across all stages of a project.
The client is constructing a state-of-the-art underground mine to enable the extraction of Polyhalite – a unique multi-nutrient fertilizer – along with the necessary infrastructure both above and below ground that will be required for transport, processing and distribution.
We are currently in need of Ropemen, who will be responsible for maintaining all ropes in accordance with the Managers Scheme of Maintenance, while also undertaking examinations of Winding and Hoists Systems, raising defects to the appropriate persons.
Duties will include:
- Period examination of Winding / Hoist Ropes (Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
- Pulley Sheaves
- Lubrication and Greasing of Equipment
- Rope Measurement and Inspection
- Rope Testing
- Complete Written reports on work completed and defects found
- Manage spares
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience working in and around shafts
- Rope and Pulley Sheaves Management
- Familiarity with Mining Regulations / Legislations
- Previous experience as an Onsetter / Banksman desirable