Our clients are apart of the @one Alliance, known as the AMP 7, working towards delivering a £1.4bn programme of work over the next five years, they are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to be based in Peterborough. Providing commercial support to both the delivery management and on-site delivery teams. Ensuring that that operations are carried out to control costs, maximise value, minimise future liabilities and maintain the required standard of quality and safety, you’ll also oversee the full compliance with the Alliance and Anglian Water governance procedures on a consistent basis.
- Manage all aspects of commercial and cost management of a project or group of projects as designated by the Project Commercial Manager
- Ensure robust cost management processes are undertaken at all times with accurate and timely reports, data and analysis on hand to assist in commercial decisions
- Ensure that all project team members (including site staff) understand the contractual arrangements, in order to satisfy Client & Partner organisation requirements
- Work in collaboration with the Delivery Team to identify, implement and monitor efficiency plans throughout the lifecycle of a project or programme of projects
- Ensuring that proper records (including final accounts) are kept & maintained so financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available
- Extensive experience in managing costs.
- Whilst a Degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering/ management/ cost discipline would be beneficial, the passion and desire to pursue a career in Commercial Management is more important
- First-class customer service and leadership skills, you’ll have an in depth knowledge of construction and safety and be comfortable challenging processes, practices and norms to improve the overall commercial offering to the business.