About The Role
Our client believes that people matter. They know that to build successful, creative teams they need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. They provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential. Our client is looking to strengthen their Estimating team with a Pre- Construction Manager for their Southern Water team based at the Falmer (Brighton) office you will own and manage all aspects of the proposal process - including requirement review, strategy, and scheduling. Southern Water deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
You will report directly to the Head of Estimating and the responsibilities will include:
- Solutions Development; provide feasibility and constructability reviews into the optioneering stage
- Undertake peer reviews of design outputs at key junctures. Particularly ensuring robust reviews of works Information / design outputs for estimating, and ensuring the design is meeting the needs of the project
- Coordinate with the Estimating Team at solutions development & tender stages for each project to produce project estimates to the required level of granularity to inform the risk and value and investment decision processes.
- Manage the development of draft contractual documentation
- Undertake tranche & project level reporting and programme updates
- Review and provide input to the risk management attending risk workshops as part of the integrated team and assisting with identifying the current and future risks to the tranche/project
- Co-ordination and management of supporting staff in preparing for and undertaking site investigations & surveys
About The Candidate
- Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
- Understanding of Engineering Principles
- Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
- Holding a current relevant CSCS Card