Our client is a well established privately owned multi-disciplinary contractor operating in both building and civil engineering sectors.
Due to an impressive pipeline of work, they are looking to recruit both a Planner and a Senior Planner to bolster the team.
The projects include major earthworks, remediation, infrastructure, roads and section 278 works ranging from £10m to £100m in value. These are with a wide variety of clients and offers an unrivalled career development path to ambitious individuals.
Reporting directly to the Planning Manager, you will be responsible for both tendering and site planning using Asta Power Projects and they are willing to consider a Site Engineer/Agent looking to make that change in their career.
As a Civils Planner, the following duties will apply;
- Responsible at tender stage to the Bid Manager for the range of activities involved in the project planning life cycle;
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements;
- Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme;
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations construction outputs and agreeing working hours with appropriate Estimator;
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning;
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations and reports.
- Substantial experience of planning services within large complex environments within the construction and engineering industry;
- Good experience in the use of planning techniques and the required planning toolsets;
- Good understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications;
- Good understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring;
- Good understanding of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning/programming;