Are you an experienced MEICA Estimator looking for a change?
Our clients are part of the CMDP joint venture to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
They are seeking an experienced MEICA Estimator to work on various projects ranging in value from £250k up to £20M. Covering the design and construction of new, or improvements to existing, clean water and dirty water treatment plants and pumping stations.
- Appraisal of process designs solutions, review design scope and MEICA specifications and drawings to ensure the design and scope are compliant and meet the requirements of the client.
- Assist in the development of specifications and drawings to sufficient detail to enable the supply chain to price their package of work accurately working in conjunction with other stakeholders including process, design, civil engineering and commercial specialists.
- Propose alternative solutions or processes where a cost or time saving may be made.
- Involvement in the selection of the subcontractors and suppliers for each project to ensure that the most suited subcontractors/Suppliers are invited to provide quotations.
- Attendance to site visits across the south-east if required
- Production of detailed activity schedules or BOQ's from the specifications and drawings covering all aspects of the MEICA related activities and in accordance with the Client’s cost capture system.
- Obtain accurate prices and quotations for all elements within the MEICA scope and technically and commercially review them to ensure the scope is fully allowed for and identify and cost any additional requirements.
- Production of bottom-up estimates for all or part of the project using agreed standardised rates/first principles.
- Consider site safety, health and environmental issues and identify and include costs within the project estimate as necessary.
- Consider and cost any temporary works and temporary treatment process that may be required to enable the works to be undertaken whilst maintaining compliance to the sites consents.
- Production of target cost workbooks for price submission to internal senior leadership team and the client
- To document any areas of potential risk or opportunity identified in the preparation of the estimates.
- Attendance to settlement meetings to discuss and explain, MEICA estimate and attend post-tender MEICA/commercial meetings with client
- Experience of water and / or utilities sector
- Experience of working within a multi-discipline engineering environment
- Qualified in a Mechanical or electrical engineering discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of sewage treatment processes, water treatment processes and pumping systems
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical equipment relating to sewage and water treatment works.
- Knowledge and understanding of LV switchgear, instrumentation, control and automation including SLD's and block cable diagrams.
- Ability to read and understand P&I D’s
- Ability to manage and prioritise a high volume of work that requires completion within tight timeframes to meet the demands of the contract and the timely completion of multiple concurrent tenders with a fast turnaround in a Framework Environment
- Holding a current relevant CSCS Card
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Proven experience producing bottom up Mechanical and electrical Estimates within water / process industry
- Good knowledge of the supply chain within the water industry.