Duration: Freelance or Permanent
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our client in the Southern Water Framework, delivering a range of schemes to maintain and improve the frameworks’ water supply and waste water treatment works in the region.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the ideal candidate will provide high quality engineering design services to support the company in minimising risks and maximising profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts.
Duties will include:
- Produce cost effective design layouts which meet specifications and can be installed + commissioned effectively
- Oversee procurement of plant and equipment ensuring it meets targets and falls within budget
- Monitor and provide design services according to budget
- Provide design estimates and deliverables schedules
- Liaise with other disciplines as and when required ensuring that design is fully integrated
- Ensure H&S requirements are adhered to at all times
- HNC/HND Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledgeable with principles of water and sewage treatment
- Previous experience in a water treatment environment
- General knowledge of water treatment aspects (e.g. Civil Engineering, Process Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Project Management)
- Able to read and rationalise designs and produce economic/feasible plant layouts