Hours: Basic hours of 45 hours per week, some overtime required as necessary
Location: Crianlarich, Scotland
My client operate an underground gold and silver mine in Scotland. The ore process plant currently in commissioning and ramp up is designed to initially treat 3,000 tonnes of ore per month using a combination of crushing and grinding, gravity concentration and froth flotation, producing a gravity concentrate and a sulphide mineral concentrate. The gravity concentrate will be treated on site to produce gold doré and the sulphide concentrate will be sent off site for further treatment. The anticipated Life of Mine is 9 years, during which time approximately 176,000 ounces of gold will be produced. The mine is located in a semi-remote area of outstanding natural beauty within the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, and the surrounding area provides many opportunities for outdoor recreational activities.
The Role The Laboratory Technician is responsible for ensuring safe, secure and efficient production of gold within the facility. This entry level position requires no relevant experience as training will be provided.
- Work in a team to process gravity concentrates into doré;
- Preparing gravity concentrates ready for smelting;
- Mixing fluxes ready for smelting;
- Operating calcining and smelting furnaces;
- Data entry and logging of all materials handled;
- Maintaining reagent stock levels;
- Maintaining equipment and tools;
- Follow and ensure health and safety procedures are adhered to; Assisting with sampling and sample preparation for the process plant and tailings management facility.
Who Are YOU?
- Minimum qualification of A level or equivalent/vocational studies in chemistry preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English using all standard forms of business communication,
- Must have attention to detail and a systematic approach to work; Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including but not limited to protective foot wear, high visibility clothing, gloves and eye, hearing and respiratory protection;
- Ability to work safely with chemicals (although training will be provided);
- Valid UK driving license;
- Must be able to use respiratory protective equipment (RPE) when required (specific training will be provided, but for correct fit employee's face must be clean shaven);
- Willing to work weekends or overtime as required;
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening including medical drug and alcohol screening and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- No previous experience necessary, but relevant practical laboratory work experience or experience of working with furnaces would be beneficial;
- This is an entry level position and training will be given.
If you think you’ve got what it takes and are ready to join a dynamic organisation at an exciting time, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.