Our client is a national turnkey Tier 1 contractor who deliver clean and waste water schemes throughout the UK water industry. With work secured on the Southern Water AMP 7 framework for another 4 years, they are looking to strengthen their SHEQ team with a Health & Safety.
Based in Kent, report directly to the Health & Safety Operations Lead. You will be responsible for following:
- Provide Health and Safety advice to all levels of staff
- Provide Health & Safety managers and H&S Operations lead with relevant information
- Prepares SSER reports and ensures action items are closed out on Active SHE.
- Reviews and provides technical feedback on high risk activities and Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Undertake Start on Site documentation assistance, review and technical sign off for each project.
- Contribute to the Health and Safety annual actions plans with the Health & safety Manager and collate information on progress of implementing plans and targets
- Identify health and safety training needs and develop and deliver training as required
- Help to develop and maintain the Health and Safety Management Systems
- Support and continue to develop and improve the Health and Safety Culture
- Prepares safety alerts, safety information guidance, toolbox talks as required
- Set a personal example when visiting offices or sites
- Assists in undertaking incident investigations and updating Active SHE
- Attends and supports Delivery Operations Manager at delivery meetings, forums, work groups
- Support and present any ESD centralised inductions as and when required
- Support content for the weekly SHE calls
- Participate in client lead initiatives and liaison with client Safety and Health Advisors
- Work closely with the ESD SHE team and delivery teams to support the wider Joint Venture.
- Several years’ experience of working in construction, civil engineering or the utility sector
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or National General Certificate might be considered or working towards GRAD IOSH /NEBOSH National Diploma
- Good understanding of the management of health and safety and the implantation of control measures.
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation and industry best practice
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to management and client personnel
- Work independently or with others to achieve results
- Driving licence and willing to travel and stay overnight as necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Share Point, Teams and cloud-based systems
- Pro-active approach, self-motivated and commercially aware
Generous package included.