About The Role
Our believes that people matter. They know that to build successful, creative teams they need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. They provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential. They are looking to strengthen their SHEQ team with a Health & Safety Advisor on our Southern Water framework, delivering a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex). You will undertake monthly Site Safety Environmental Reviews (SSER) on projects in line with the SSER schedule covering principally Health and Safety and environmental aspects of the project.
You will report directly to the Health & Safety Operations Lead and the responsibilities will include:
- Provide Health and Safety advice to all levels of staff
- Provide Health & Safety managers and H&S Operations lead with relevant information
- Prepares SSER reports and ensures action items are closed out on Active SHE.
- Reviews and provides technical feedback on high risk activities and Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Undertake Start on Site documentation assistance, review and technical sign off for each project.
- Contribute to the Health and Safety annual actions plans with the Health & safety Manager and collate information on progress of implementing plans and targets
- Identify health and safety training needs and develop and deliver training as required
- Help to develop and maintain the Health and Safety Management Systems
- Support and continue to develop and improve the Health and Safety Culture
- Prepares safety alerts, safety information guidance, toolbox talks as required
- Set a personal example when visiting offices or sites
- Assists in undertaking incident investigations and updating Active SHE
- Attends and supports Delivery Operations Manager at delivery meetings, forums, work groups
- Support and present any ESD centralised inductions as and when required
- Support content for the weekly SHE calls
- Participate in client lead initiatives and liaison with client Safety and Health Advisors
- Work closely with the ESD SHE team and delivery teams to support the wider Joint Venture.
- Several years’ experience of working in construction, civil engineering or the utility sector
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or National General Certificate might be considered or working towards GRAD IOSH /NEBOSH National Diploma
- Good understanding of the management of health and safety and the implantation of control measures.
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation and industry best practice
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to management and client personnel
- Work independently or with others to achieve results
- Driving licence and willing to travel and stay overnight as necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Share Point, Teams and cloud-based systems
- Pro-active approach, self-motivated and commercially aware