Are you an experienced Hard Services Manager looking for that new and exciting opportunity but just can’t seem to find it? Look no further…
As Hard Services Manager you’ll be overseeing multiple schools along with managing a multi-disciplined maintenance team and specialist supply chain to ensure all aspects of work are delivered within the SLA.
The Hard Services Manager will understand multi discipline estates and M&E functions. They must have the ability to manage a team, manage sub-contractors, plan works efficiently and take instructions. To use initiative and react to unplanned work effectively. To take responsibility for the day-to-day management of all hard FM services to include; scheduling of all planned and reactive maintenance, all reactive lifecycle works, asset verification and PPM development. All duties are to be carried out in accordance with the FM Contract and working under the supervision of the Contract Client Manager.
What’s in it for you, you ask?
On top of a competitive salary and pension, you’ll be able to make the most of a great benefits package, and local team based rewards.
- Monthly car allowance of up to £450
- Hours 08:30 to 16: Monday to Friday – 38.75 per week. (will be responsible for managing own diary)
- 4% company pension contribution
Duties may include but not limited to:
- To ensure that the Facilities are maintained to the standards of the project agreement and that all KPI’s are achieved
- Where required work on a hands-on basis with the maintenance team to review plant faults, identify and implement an appropriate resolution.
- Act in the role of Authorised Person Low Voltage for the contract, ensuring permits are issued in relation to complex systems.
- Act as the engineering lead on the contract, ensuring that Fgas, Gas Safe, Biomass etc are all maintained, and paperwork is compliant.
- Liaise with specialist sub-contractors to ensure their service is delivered on time, to the required quality and to the appropriate cost. Ensuring a quality service is received and any defects are rectified satisfactorily.
- To ensure all staff operate plant, equipment, and tools in a safe manner. Carrying out risk assessments and providing method statements where it is required to ensure the safety of staff and building users.
- To carry out asset verification across the estate, to ensure all major items of plant are recorded on the CAFM system, and when required add/delete assets following lifecycle and project works.
- To effectively plan PPM work for the maintenance team and sub-contractors using the FM CAFM system, and update the system diary to reflect any changes in PPM dates.
- To closely liaise with the client to ensure that all works delivered are to the required standard, that there are no disruptions to the school day and where appropriate agree remedial works.
What we’re looking for:
- The post holder will hold a relevant trade qualification (mechanical or electrical).
- The post holder will have experience managing a multi-disciplined hard FM team & mobile engineers
- The post holder will have experience of CAFM and BMS systems
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate awareness of statutory requirements for compliance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Plan and mobilise reliable services and the ability to manage a team.
- Budget management, identifying trends and driving efficiency with cost effective practises.
- Contractor management experience
- Ability to conduct various audits including H&S and Quality
- A full driving licence is required
- The successful candidate will require a DBS/Disclosure Check
If you think you’re the right person for the job, we want to hear from you.