· Carry out effective day to day tasks, regular reporting, & team work, operate through clear communication and leadership, resulting in high levels of motivation and job performance.
· Ensure all contractual work and operational performance under your designated control are undertaken strictly in line with company laid down procedures on H&S, Quality systems and Environmental policy.
· Ensure clear planning schedules are drawn up for all contracts and agreements showing key deadline dates, tasks to be undertaken, staff numbers involved and associated budget costs.
· Keep a close liaison with clients on all matters relating to contracts, agreements, tenders and other related issues ensuring that high levels of customer service are maintained and communication lines are clear.
· Maintain a close working relationship with other directors and senior managers in the company to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of activities in meeting company strategic objectives
· Keeping all administration systems and processes up to date, including a close working relationship with the admin support team
· Assisting with the preparation of quotations and tender documentation for submission to customers, as and when required.
· Assisting in the development and setting of departmental and company strategic objectives, as and when required.
· Monitor the performance of sub-contractors to ensure that work is carried out to the required standard.
· Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
· Comply with Company rules, policies and procedures at all times
· Carry out any other reasonable tasks which may be required from time to time and to enable the company to remain adaptable to changing markets
· A minimum of two years experience in MEICA contracting in the Construction industry and/or significant experience in the water industry
· A relevant academic or vocational qualification (e.g. From NVQ up to Degree level)
· IT skills – Word, Excel, Power Point. AutoCAD (2D – 3D preferred)
· Be confident in development of mechanical engineering designs and schedules. (Pump Calculations, Valve Schedules, P&ID’s to allow procurement to progress)
· Be able to develop engineering solutions for systems that will be drawn up by others
· Understand Client Specifications & Specifications and Business/End User requirements
· Good commercial judgement
· Strong leadership and good team building skills e.g. mentoring & coaching
· Excellent problem solving abilities
· Analytical & numerate
· Pro-active & decisive
· Effective time manager
· Excellent inter personal skills and first class customer facing skills
· Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills and be able to present information and arguments convincingly and persuasively