Location: Manchester – Ashton-Under-Lyne
Salary: £25000 PA
Job type: Permanent
My Client are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to start on immediately on a permanent basis.
My client was established in 1999 for the specific purpose of delivering an exemplar Facilities Management service in the PFI market. The Company has now grown to a £50M Turnover business, delivering various services to in excess of 120 contracts, both in the public and private sector, based across Scotland and England and employs over 1000 staff.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The ideal candidate will work closely with the operations team, Management Accountant and the Finance Business Partner to ensure robust administration of the contract finances.
Performing tasks such as timely invoicing to our customers, tracking and monitoring financial data at month-end and supporting with the administration of payroll, the post holder will be a key member of the contract team.
- Preparation of monthly applications for payment for non-core works, raising Sales Invoices to customers for all core and additional works and supporting with the collation of backing documentation required
- Raising Purchase Orders to suppliers when required and in line with Budget
- Supporting with the submission of contract time sheets to payroll and subsequent resolution of payroll queries
- Support with the maintenance of contract cash trackers including reconciliation of the contract cash position and identification of correct VAT
- Supporting the contract teams with the management of outstanding debt and highlighting any debt control issues as they arise
- Assist the contract teams and Management Accountant with budget and forecast preparation
- Assist the Management Accountant at month-end by populating the management accounts report and provide support with analysis of the data as required
- Ensure all work/input is completed accurately and to a high standard and working with the contract team to ensure that the contract is operating with effective internal controls
- Maintain good housekeeping within your work area eg. Filing supporting documents on Sharepoint and ensuring appropriate audit trails are in place
- Co-operate effectively with colleagues and Management.
- Ensure that the area in which you are working is safe for yourself and others who may be working nearby and that you comply with your responsibilities in accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- Any other adhoc tasks that it is reasonable to ask you to carry out which are within your capability. This may involve picking up work from other contracts in the area.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies Required:
- Previous working experience within a finance or business administration department is preferred
- Good level numeracy and literacy skills
- Proficient IT user including MS Office
- Conscientious, reliable individual, with good attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
- Able to organise / prioritise own workload
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Advanced Excel (eg. Formulas, Macros, Power BI)
- Previous experience of working within a PFI environment
- Previous experience of working within an FM company
We appreciate that roles are often online for a long period of time. If you want to check if this role is still live or just want more details before applying, call us directly.