Our client is a national turnkey Tier 1 contractor who deliver clean and waste water schemes throughout the UK water industry. With £1.4billion of work secured throughout AMP 7 as part of the @one alliance on Anglian Water, they are looking to expand their electrical engineering team with permanent staff to work on a brand new project in Cambridge. The client is responsible for taking the scheme from design through to commissioning and handover, which will include a new build water recycling centre and a sludge treatment centre.
As an Electrical Engineer on the scheme you will be responsible for providing technical inputs with an emphasis on safety, innovation, performance and protecting the environment.
Key responsibilities include;
- Understand and embrace the Project Basis of Design. Ensure its importance is promoted and understood throughout the team
- Lead the preparation and analysis of key electrical options, for review and agreement with the client and key project stakeholders
- Liaise with the supply chain to ensure the latest technologies are assessed and understood as part of the optioneering process
- Drive the development of SLDs, CBDs and other electrical installation documentation
- Drive the development of control philosophies, system architecture diagrams and other ICA design documentation
- Provide electrical input into optimisation proposals & commissioning plans, including proposed performance tests
- Ensure all technical work is undertaken to the correct standards and specifications whilst maintaining your own quality and consistency of all process engineering technical documents
- Ensure that the principles of process safety are incorporated in all designs including consideration of LOPA and DSEAR whilst complying with POSWASTE
- Maintain close links with Partner Technical Specialist so we develop a culture of technical governance that ensures we deliver excellence at all times
- Embrace and champion the design strategy whilst promoting different ways of working including introducing new technologies and understanding Project 13 initiatives to influence future project design
- Electrical Engineering degree or HNC/ HND equivalent
- Previous electrical engineering experience within the UK water industry (biosolids treatment projects and wastewater project experience would be advantageous)
- Ability to maintain energy and focus when under pressure
- Ability to plan and think ahead
- Strong organisational skills with a commitment to results and collaboration
This role would suit a caring individual who wants to progress within a diverse and inclusive team. On top of basic salary the role will also include a generous benefits package including life assurance, health insurance and private medical insurance.