Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: To be discussed
TSA are looking to recruit an electrical engineer, assisting a highly established company in the healthcare sector.
- To work in accordance with the requirements of Health Technical Memoranda (HTM’s) and any other relevant statutory compliance requirements.
- To be certified Appointed Person in critical systems including Electrical (Low Voltage). This requires the post holder to be trained, certificated and reassessed at regular intervals, generally three yearly.
- To support, advise and action Policy and Safe Working Procedures as a Competent Person (Electrical).
- Actively participate in the operation and control of all engineering planned maintenance schemes and undertake essential repair works and general maintenance activities to plant and non-medical equipment.
- Undertake fault finding on complex hospital infrastructure including low voltage power and distribution systems, lighting systems including Emergency lighting. UPS, IPS supplies and standby generators. Using cause effect analysis and detailed examination to gain a solution and use of all relevant drawings and schematics.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance inspections and commission and test in accordance with published procedures.
- Complete all report sheets and test certificates as necessary and mark up any drawing alterations. Complete all Task/Risk Assessment sheets relating to work.
- Use of all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works ensuring full compliance with Guidelines and Controls e.g. Risk Assessment, Site Safety, Fire Safety, Control of Infection and Hazardous Substances.
- Carry out emergency repairs as required (which may require overtime).
- Obligation to undertake training where necessary to learn new techniques and technology.
- Understand the relationship of other maintenance crafts to this role.
- Monitors the building services and report defects to the Technical Supervisors.
- Familiar in the use of Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Recording of planned and reactive maintenance in the site CAFM systems via electronic data devices.
- Provide feedback on PPM results in relation to building related PPM issues and Fire Safety.
- Awareness and understanding of contract KPI’s to ensure compliance and effective service delivery
- Communicate with wards/departments to ensure awareness of planned/re-active works in their area and ensure completion to their satisfaction.
- Supervise, communicate and develop other trades staff and assess/evaluate the quality of the work.
- Ensures that all activities proceed in a safe manner compliant with Statutory Regulation, CDM, Good Practice, etc by compiling procedures, monitoring standards and maintaining records.
- Recognised Electrical/Engineering Apprenticeship – HNC, ONC, City & Guilds, or equivalent experience.
- BS7671(18th Edition).
- Must be able to obtain Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) clearance
TSA is a recognised recruitment specialist across the construction sectors, in both the permanent and temporary fields of recruitment. If you are looking for work, but this vacancy is not suited to what you are looking for, please contact us and we will be able to help and advise you of all of our current vacancies.