Our client is a national turnkey Tier 1 contractor who deliver clean and waste water schemes throughout the UK water industry. With work secured on the Southern Water AMP 7 framework for another 4 years, they are looking to expand their engineering team with an EICA Engineer. Based from either Kent or Brighton offices, you will be responsible for preparing and checking electrical designs in line with contract requirements. Reporting to the Design Manager, you will be responsible for the following;
- Provide design solutions that meet all of the requirements the Sub-Programme Mandates.
- Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
- Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible
- Produce outline electrical, instrumentation and control design on contracts
- Carryout surveys at site visits
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests at suppliers premises and produce reports
- Ensure designs produced and those of sub-contractors meet the requirements of the specification
- Ensure designs are within budget and produce the best overall outcome for the business
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or HND/ BTEC equivalent
- Extensive experience in EICA design the UK Water industry
- Working knowledge of electrical distribution systems including 11kV
- Knowledge of the Electricity at Work Regulations
This role would suit a motivated individual who wants to progress within a diverse and inclusive team. On top of basic salary the role will also include a generous benefits package including life assurance, health insurance and private medical insurance.