This opportunity has arisen due to the successful bids on the AMP7 frameworks, our clients are seeking a EICA Design engineer to deliver electrical deigns suiting contract requirements, reporting directly to the EICA Discipline Lead.
The role is based in Salford Quays.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Provide design solutions that meet all the requirements the Sub-Programme Mandates. Ensuring specifications for design are met.
- Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
- Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible
- Produce outline electrical, instrumentation and control design on contracts
- Attend internal design meetings and liaise with other design disciplines
- Liaise with Network Operating Companies (NOC's) and carryout surveys at site visits
- Review and approve/comment on sub-contractor designs, as well as gaining approval from clients on designs.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests at supplier’s premises and produce reports
- Several years’ experience in EICA design in water / process industry
- Working knowledge of industrial electrical distribution systems including 11kV.
- Appreciation of automated control systems based on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and Telemetry.
- Knowledge of Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Knowledge of power distribution systems and associated calculations
- Electrical Engineering Degree, HND/BTEC
- 17th Technical report writing skills
- Edition IEE Wiring Regulations qualification
This role is offering a generous competitive package including Life and Health insurance.