About The Role
Our client believes that people matter. They know that to build successful, creative teams they need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. They provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
They are looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Design & Technical Delivery Manager for Southern Water framework, based at the Falmer (Brighton) or Maidstone office you will be responsible for delivering engineering solutions at a project / tranche level from initial definition of need through optioneering, solution development, detail design and construction support and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and the responsibilities will include:
- To lead a team of discipline design engineers in the development of wastewater technical solutions from initial need statement through optioneering, solution development, value engineering, detail design and construction support.
- Ensure affordable design solutions are developed within project budget and solution risk is appropriately managed and communicated throughout the solution development process.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with the client, design teams, construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs.
- Ensure sustainable design solutions completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
- Provide design solutions that meet all the requirements of the programme’s systems and governance procedures
- Agree design budgets, monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
- Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency
- Establish and agree design costs and programme timescales with the Programme Manager
- Organise the work required and document the Design Management Plan / Project Execution Plan
- Deliver the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
About The Candidate
- Experience of technical project delivery in a design-build environment
- Experience in the Wastewater Treatment Industry
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary design teams
- Degree in an engineering-related discipline
- Must be delivery-driven with the ability to set targets, manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives