Estimator / Commissioning officer required!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to join one of our key clients, who are a leading Facilities Management and Energy services provider across the Public, Private and Health sectors within the UK, with a goal to improve the efficiency of our cities through positive impact on the industries and infrastructures across the UK.
With a competitive rate and package on offer, the ideal candidate will join the team with an aim to assist with estimates for building works on public buildings and academic facilities.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
- Liaise with the clients to agree on suitable scope of works.
- Ensure prices are accurately provided to the client in line with PSA schedule of rates.
- Aim for cost-effective solutions both internally and externally.
- Responsible for minor works and specialist work financials, while monitoring against budgets and work programmes.
- Liaise with both minor works team and service users through meetings and reports with an aim to offer innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Co-ordinate service delivery and site activities through liaison with other service area employees.
- Assist with the development and specification of new or remedial work, together with specialist installations.
- Carry out site inspections.
- Relevant qualification in estimating/costing or experience within the building industry.
- Previous experience in a construction / build environment.
- Full Clean Driving License- Ability to travel between sites essential.
- Relevant knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Relevant Administration skills