About The Role
Our client is looking to strengthen their Engineering Design team with a Senior Civil Engineer for their joint venture that will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Scottish Water’s water and wastewater treatment works across the length and breadth of the country.
Scottish Water are heading into their latest Investment Programme, known as SR21. ESD will deliver a programme of works up to £700m over the 6-year period with roles spanning outline design, detailed design, construction and commissioning phases of a project.
The SR21 Programme will see a drive to challenge Carbon Reduction and embrace Digital Delivery and Standardisation. Are you ready to join them as they gear up to deliver the most exciting and innovative investment programme we have ever seen?
Based at their Glasgow office, you will provide superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimize risks and maximize profits on turnkey and engineering services contract. In order to ensure this you must co-ordinate the design and produce civil design documents and drawings taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract.
You will report directly to the Civil Discipline Lead and the responsibilities will include:
- Produce Civil design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
- Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
- Provide estimates and feedback for proposals department
- Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
- Monitor and review the procedures and processes
- Write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department.
- Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external to MWHT in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
- To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
- Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
What's the offer
They believe that people matter. They know that to build successful, creative teams they need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. They provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Packages include -
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
About The Candidate
- Previous experience as a Civil Engineer in the water industry
- Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
- A chartered member of a professional institution
- Preferable: - Civil Engineering degree
- Minimum:- Civil Engineering HND