Are you sick and tired of working in a role with little job satisfaction?
Are you keen to work for a forward thinking FM provider on a fast paced scheme?
We encourage all Caretakers or facilities site managers which hold there Enhanced DBS to apply for this role.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
As a Caretaker you will take day to day responsibility for all issues related to the premises of the sites and the grounds in the Tameside portfolio. As a Caretaker you will be, delivering a professional & safe service supporting the facilities services teams. You will be responsible for the very high standard of cleanliness, porterage & minor maintenance across the sites you are assigned. You will be expected to cover holidays and sickness within the team and be able to work flexibly to cover operational need and keyholding duties between the hours of 6am – 10pm. You will have the ability to work to targets and under pressure to achieve set outcomes in given timeframes. The start & finish times may be varied to accommodate the needs of the business.
- Be responsible for completing daily audits & monitoring of cleaning staff, working to an agreed standard/schedule.
- Carry out planned and ad-hoc cleaning duties within the building and to equipment located throughout the site
- To carry out regular clearance of waste bins providing new lining sacks as required within the designated working areas.
- Undertake reactive deep cleans of rooms/areas in circumstances of suspected Coronavirus cases ensuring all PPE is worn and safe systems of work is always adhered too.
- To remove and dispose of identified items as directed.
- Replenish janitorial & cleaning supplies daily for soap, toilet rolls, paper towels etc.
- Assist in ordering, storing and keeping secure cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- To ensure the safe storage of all chemicals and cleaning consumables.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the Management Team in connection with operational requirements.
- Complete mandatory compliance checks on the fire system, as directed by the PPM system
- To report all accidents and incidents as appropriate.
- Be responsible for noting and reporting maintenance issues/repair requirements
- Undertake minor maintenance tasks (e.g. changing light bulbs and strips, fuses, plugs, unblocking drains, minor joinery etc)
- Be responsible for completing all PPM’s in agreed timeframes.
- Move furniture and equipment (in keeping with manual handling guidance)
- Ensure good working relationships
- Be responsible for the opening and closing of the premises (including gates) and the activation/de-activation of security alarms.
- Liaise with the maintenance contractors (including grounds maintenance), monitor their activities and report any concerns to the Site Facilities Manager
- Ensure debris, leaves, snow and ice are cleared to avoid potential hazards and ensure safe access to all areas of the site.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager
- Monitor the observance of H&S policies and procedures regarding the building and grounds and assist with risk assessment.
- Comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, H&S, data protection, equal opportunities, resource management and employment
- Always maintain confidentially.
- Contribute to the overall ethos, aims and reputation of the site.
- Undertake training and development as required and use your own expertise to assist, where appropriate and necessary, with the training and development of fellow employees
- The post holder will be required to maintain an awareness of all company policies, procedures and objectives related to the successful delivery of the domestic services.
- The above duties may involve having access to information of a confidential nature, which may be covered by the Data Protection Act. Confidentiality must be always maintained.
- The post holder must be flexible to ensure the operational needs of the business are met. This includes the undertaking of duties of a similar nature and responsibility as and when required, throughout the various workplaces on site.
- The post holder is to show, at all times, a personal commitment to treating all customers and colleagues in a fair and respectful way, which gives positive regard to people’s differences and individuality (for example, their age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or religion).
We look forward to hearding from you.